Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back to the Blog...

Truth is that like many other things in my life in recent weeks, the blog has felt like yet another "to do." So, it has not been done.

I have been wondering why I have not blogged in so long. I have been composing entries in my head, but just have not made it back to the writing board so to speak. Every day finds me wondering why. I think it has to do with the state of mind-being that has me uncertain about life. And, yes, I admit it. Uncertain about me. I am questioning myself. Who am I, really? What am I meant to be doing? What do I truly want? How am I going to get it? Where do I need to focus my time and energy? All this questioning, albeit vital to my journey, gets me in a funk.

I am not really sure how to characterize my current state of mind and being. Am I uncertain? Distracted? Lacking focus? Pondering? Stewing? Frustrated? Ambivalent? Grumpy? Unwell? Busy? Yes, all of that and more. I am going about living my life, mindfully seeking out enjoyment, fulfillment, comfort and purpose. There have been days when I have indeed come out of my uncertain questioning mode to get things done. I have continued to honor my commitments, and even make new ones. So it would not be true to say that I am stuck. But, I have been feeling stuck.

How to get unstuck? Last week, I decided that I was going to play with turning to do's into ta da's. That experiment worked for me. It allowed me to just flow, and get things done in a spirit of fun and play so things that were on my "to do's" did not feel like such a burden. I made some decisions that I had been stuck on. I even made travel plans. I reached out to people who I need to reconnect with. I took care of paper-work. I put an end to a two-year long saga with a non-profit organization. I gave of myself freely and generously. I even did my own (Oprah inspired) Big Give. Decluttered my work and home life. I enjoyed myself in the process.

Not all days or weeks are like that. But, just shifting my perspective to "ta da" was hugely rewarding. I am doing this more and more when I notice that I am feeling weighed down by what is on my plate (and my mind).

I just say it's time to play, and show up. Like I just did on the blog. I think it works. Try it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of making ta-das! I haven't ever thought of these things as that, but I like this label. I too find things weighing me down, pulling at me. And when I give in to them and take them off my to-do list and make them into a ta-da, I am so amazed at how energized and accomplished I feel. Thanks for reminding me about that ta-da feeling. I think I'll make that shift today.

    ReplyDelete